Table of contents:
Software testing is a critical part of the software development process. It ensures that software applications meet the expected quality standards and function correctly. As a result, automated testing tools like Worksoft Certify have become increasingly popular in recent years due to their ability to improve the efficiency and accuracy of testing while reducing the time and costs associated with it. This article will provide a comprehensive overview of Worksoft Certify, its features, benefits, and a general overview based on what people say.
What is Worksoft Certify?
Worksoft Certify is an automated testing tool that allows users to test various applications, including web-based, SAP, and enterprise applications. It provides a codeless platform that enables users to create automated tests by recording user interactions with an application or manually creating test scripts using a drag-and-drop interface. Worksoft Certify can also generate test data and perform functional and regression testing. They also offer a professional certification program for experts who want to demonstrate their automation skills.
Worksoft Certify Features
Worksoft Certify offers a range of features that make it a popular choice among software testing professionals. Let’s take a closer look at each of these features:
- S/4HANA Testing: Worksoft Certify provides a comprehensive solution for testing SAP S/4HANA applications. It enables users to speed up migrations and reduce risks with proven automation for discovery, documentation, testing, and maintenance.
- Agile+DevOps: Worksoft Certify supports Agile and DevOps methodologies by enabling users to deploy new functionality into production daily and drastically cutting regression testing time by up to 90%.
- End-to-End Testing: Worksoft Certify allows users to run end-to-end business process tests for packaged applications with enterprise-level controls and reporting.
- Web Testing: Worksoft Certify simplifies the complexity of web challenges by testing automatically as updates to web applications are released.
- Cloud Testing: Worksoft Certify allows users to run many tests locally and remotely in parallel, facilitating easier and larger-scale deployments.
- Mobile Testing: Worksoft Certify enables users to reuse tests, no matter which mobile platform is used, and maintain one test for multiple browsers and devices.
- API Testing: Worksoft Certify supports Soap XML, REST, and more and allows users to reuse existing SoapUI assets created by development without analysts having to become programmers or developers.
- Performance Testing: Worksoft Certify allows users to accelerate their company’s adoption of automation by enabling them to test for scalability, load, and stress on their applications.
- Discovery & Documentation: Worksoft Certify provides a solution to document every process function, keystroke, and transaction, giving users greater accuracy and dramatically reducing project timelines.
Worksoft Certify Benefits
Worksoft Certify offers several benefits, making it an attractive option for software testing professionals. Some of the key benefits include:
- Faster testing cycles: Worksoft Certify enables users to speed up testing cycles by automating the testing process. This can lead to quicker releases and faster time-to-market.
- Reduced risk and improved accuracy: Worksoft Certify provides a more comprehensive and accurate testing process, which can reduce the risk of errors and improve overall application quality.
- Improved collaboration and communication: Worksoft Certify enables better collaboration and communication between testing and development teams, leading to more efficient testing processes.
- More efficient use of resources: Worksoft Certify allows testing teams to automate repetitive testing tasks, freeing up time and resources for more strategic testing activities.
- Reduced costs: Worksoft Certify can reduce the cost of testing by automating repetitive tasks and reducing the need for manual testing.
- Improved compliance: Worksoft Certify enables testing teams to ensure that applications meet regulatory and compliance requirements.
- Easier maintenance and updates: Worksoft Certify provides a more streamlined and efficient testing process, making it easier to maintain and update applications. This is particularly important in today’s fast-paced digital environment, where applications need to be updated and maintained regularly.
- Increased scalability: Worksoft Certify enables testing teams to test applications at scale, which is critical for large organizations that must test applications across multiple systems and environments.
- Improved ROI: Worksoft Certify can improve the return on investment (ROI) for testing initiatives by reducing costs and improving the efficiency of testing processes.
Worksoft Certify Reviews
Worksoft Certify is an automated testing tool that has gained popularity among organizations for its unique features and benefits. The tool enables users to automate business process tests for various applications, including SAP, web, and mobile applications. The following overview of Worksoft Certify is based on the testimonials provided by users.
Advantages of Worksoft Certify
One of the most popular features of Worksoft Certify is its ability to automate SAP using certify capture and live touch. The tool captures complete SAP business process flows, enabling users to create automation scripts quickly. Additionally, the tool allows the execution of scripts using the command prompt, making the automation process faster and more efficient. Users also appreciate the tool’s easy maintenance of layouts and record sets, simplifying data management and reducing the time required for test maintenance.
Worksoft Certify allows users to work with different applications using different interfaces, enhancing the tool’s versatility. In addition, this feature allows users to automate tests for various applications, thereby increasing testing coverage. Another significant advantage of Worksoft Certify is its easy integration with other tools. Users can easily integrate Worksoft Certify with other tools, enhancing their overall automation process.
The tool’s AI search feature is another aspect that users find handy. The feature lets users find the required components quickly, making the automation process more efficient. Additionally, users can easily transfer scripts from one project to another, which helps reduce the time required to create new automation scripts.
Here’re top-5 advantages of using Worksoft Certify:
- It is no-code and easy to use for non-technical people.
- It can test end-to-end business processes across various applications and technologies.
- It can handle dynamic input, process flows, and frequent variances in business processes with ease.
- It has a patented Object Action Framework that models the application under test as a set of pages containing GUI objects and test steps.
- It has many useful features such as LiveTouch, process comparison, magic search, exploratory testing, API testing, etc.
Disadvantages of Worksoft Certify
While users appreciate the features of Worksoft Certify, some have expressed concerns about its execution manager. Some users suggest that the execution manager needs improvement, particularly with adding filters and folders for request id creation. Users have also recommended that the classic version of the license be improved, as it currently lacks some essential features.
Some users have reported issues with Worksoft Certify’s toolbar when working with SAP. Sometimes, the toolbar is incorrectly identified, causing issues during the automation process. Some users also feel that the tool should make PDF automation easier. Additionally, some users have expressed a desire for improved handling of dynamic windows.
Here’re top-5 limitations of using Worksoft Certify:
- Execution manager needs to be improved.
- Integration with other tools such as test management tools is missing.
- Maintenance of automation scripts can be challenging when there are frequent changes in applications.
- Licensing cost can be high for small and medium-sized businesses.
- Learning curve can be steep for beginners who are not familiar with automation concepts
In conclusion, Worksoft Certify is valuable for organizations looking to automate their testing processes. The tool’s unique features, including its ability to automate SAP and web applications, make it versatile for various testing scenarios. While some users have reported concerns with the execution manager and other features, the overall consensus is that the tool is effortless to implement and maintain. Additionally, users appreciate the tool’s easy layouts and record set maintenance, making data management more manageable and reducing the time required for test maintenance. Overall, Worksoft Certify is recommended for organizations looking to enhance their automation testing process.
Worksoft Certify is a powerful automated testing tool that provides a comprehensive solution for testing various applications, including web-based, SAP, and enterprise applications. It offers a range of features that make it an attractive option for software testing professionals, including support for Agile and DevOps methodologies, end-to-end testing, cloud testing, and API testing. Worksoft Certify also provides several benefits, including faster testing cycles, reduced risk, improved collaboration and communication, and reduced costs. Overall, Worksoft Certify can be valuable tool for any organization looking to improve the efficiency and accuracy of their software testing processes.